Pages

Monday, February 1, 2016

Richmond - Day trip outside of London

As we have lived in London for 2 1/2 years, I thought this week I would focus on things I have loved about living here.

One of my favourite things to do is to get out of the city and spend the day in Richmond, which is a little town only an hour away from Clapham.

Richmond is well known for being positioned along the Thames river, scattered with quaint pubs and a beautiful run/ bike path. During sunny/ summer days the town is littered with people, prams and day trippers. Richmond is also well know for having one of the largest parks near London, the main spectacle being the deer that roam freely within the park. Desensitised to the people visiting the park, people can practically walk up and pet the baby fawns without a second glance by the mother. Brett and I maintained a safe distance out of respect and out of caution. My dad being a big hunter back in Cincinnati, I could envision one of their brethren hanging up in my parents house.



We have made two trips to Richmond, one in the summer and one in the fall when friends were visiting. The former included a beautiful long bike ride, whereas the later was mainly filled with pub hopping and a wee bit of shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment